From global SEO to local SEO, what we have learned about Google positioning.
Changes in user consumption patterns have changed the world of local SEO. The current trends of web positioning take into account the geographic location to ensure that your site will be prioritized by search engines. People are increasingly consuming in nearby areas, in small businesses and in markets that give them confidence.
Nowadays the user uses his mobile device to locate his search, for this reason search engines give more and more importance to the location and characteristics of the business such as artisan ice-cream in San Antonio or vegan gluten-free bakery in Palermo. Specific territorial determinations such as the city, neighborhood, sector and access conditions (metro, bus, etc.) are fundamental to position itself on the Web today. Below we share some good practices to start your local positioning
Identity and location
To appear first in the searches of a city or region, the most important thing in local SEO is to clearly locate your address and forms of location in the descriptive of your business using all the tools available in Google, for this it is necessary to work rigorously in your address list, this implies, among other aspects::
- Clearly indicate the address, telephone numbers and contact details without mistakes
- Identify the point in googlemaps and test the coordinates. Test coordinates before launching your site.
- Use Google My business and fill in ALL the form.
- Always indicate the sector (neighbourhood, neighbourhood) the city and the country.
- Don’t forget opening and closing times, payment methods and company categories
Include the data in at least 3 of these directories (see which ones are most popular in your area): Yellow Pages, Groupon, Yelp, QDQ, TripAdvisor, and Foursquare
- Use the name of the site clearly written (without errors) between the keywords of SEO positioning.
- Do not saturate the text with the keywords because it will be penalized.
- Include the name of the site clearly written (without errors) on all pages of the site.
- Include the place in the content, title and URL and headings.
- Include address and phone number on each page.
In short, it is generally a matter of being easily found by engines thanks to the precise information of their direction.
Positive opinions about your business are fundamental for Web positioning. In fact, more and more users are making consumption decisions based on the opinions of their peers and engines are also using these assessments to position a site. The more positive opinions the better. Some tips for optimizing ratings from a Local SEO perspective::
The use of networks:
- Use social networks actively, test different platforms according to the consumer’s profile and choose the most active one.
- To offer consumer experiences in the networks, respectful customer loyalty.
- Use networks with intelligence: share innovative and quality content, not saturate the user
- Always include the opinion button on all platforms, read comments and update content permanently.
Obtaining low, positive quality ratings is better than many that say nothing. Evaluations should be aimed at explaining why the product or service was satisfactory. Not buying opinions, this is penalized by Google.
Invite constructive criticism and establish a dialogue with the consumer, especially with the critical user, offer solutions and appreciate feedback. Anonymous and safe alternatives should be offered to give feedback.
Attracting quality traffic is more important than volume.
In conclusion the Local SEO is a mixture of a good geo-location, attracting good reviews and handling well the address book, the winning features of this a new area of expertise of search engine positioning.